LEARN How TO swim
Swimming is an essential life skill and should be and can be an enjoyable experience.
Here are a few things that you can do as parents to help support and encourage your child’s aquatic experience:
- Venture to your local swimming facility as a family – a hotel swimming pool is a great way to spend the day together and will help boost your child’s water confidence
- Make bath time fun! Build on water confidence at bath time, with the aid of toys; encourage splashing and putting their faces in the water and encourage ‘blow bubbles’ to mimic their swimming classes
- A new swimming costume and a pair of goggles usually goes down well to start the new term
- Support the swimming instructor, ask questions and give constructive feedback.
- Be a part of the journey by watching your child’s swimming lessons each week and see them progress.
Give praise regularly to your child and highlight key achievement milestones.